Today when i turn on my Apple TV, i saw the below nice picture showing on the screen and the status light keep on flashing like crazy.
By default, the Apple TV will set ti to auto software update.
The above picture showing that the Apple TV update failed caused the Apple TV unable to start. By default, Apple TV will set it to auto update.
In this case, i have no choice. I have to restore the Apple TV using iTunes.
Below are the per-requisite:-
- A computer with iTunes.
- A high-speed Internet connection.
- A USB-C cable for Apple TV (4th generation) or a Micro-USB cable for Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier).
To restore Apple TV, below are the steps:-
- Unplug the HDMI cable from your Apple TV.
- Open iTunes on your computer. (Note:Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes)
- Connect the USB-C or Micro-USB cable to the back of your Apple TV and to a USB port on your computer.
- In iTunes, you should see the Apple TV summary page. If you don’t see the Apple TV summary page, click in the upper-left corner.
- Click Restore Apple TV. While it’s restoring, don’t unplug anything. The time it takes to restore your Apple TV depends on the speed of your Internet connection.
- Once finished download the Apple TV Software Updates, it will automatically start the restoration.
- When your Apple TV has finished restoring, unplug the USB-C or Micro-USB cable and power cord, if connected. Then reconnect the HDMI cable and power cord to your Apple TV.