1) User enters www.example.com in their browser. Hostname sent to DNS for resolution
2) DNS resolves www.example.com to the Virtual IP address (VIP) of 10.10.10.10.
3) Client sends request to VIP.
4) Array proxies request to selected real service.
5) Further requests from the client may be sent to the same or a different real service, depending on persistency configuration.
SLB Basic Terminology
Real Service (“Real”)
-Represents a physical service which host applications and handle client requests
SLB Group (“Group”)
–Member: multiple Real Service Members which traffic will be distributed to
–Method: the way to distribute traffic among Members
Virtual Service (“Virtual”)
-Represents a virtual service that clients can connect to
SLB Policy (“Policy”)
-Routing policy to dispatch traffic from Virtual Service to specific SLB Group