My latest MacOS X 10.12 release failed to ssh to network devices with the following error:
techkaki-MacBook-Pro:~ techkaki$ ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
Unable to negotiate with 10.10.178.243 port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
For error message above show that the client and server were unable to agree on the key exchange algorithm.
As per checking on my Mac OS X, i noticed that my Mac OS X running on OpenSSH version 7.
techkaki-MacBook-Pro:~ techkaki$ ssh -V
OpenSSH_7.4p1, LibreSSL 2.5.0
According to openssh website, some of the older algorithms are not enabled by default on OpenSSH Version 7 and above.
A) To enable the diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 key exchange algorithm using the KexAlgorithms option:
ssh -o KexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 email@example.com
B) Enable SHA1 on ssh_config by adding KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 at the end of the ssh_config file.
sudo nano /etc/ssh/ssh_config
Hope this information will help 🙂
Error “SQL: SQL Error [ndoutilsSQL: SQL Error [ndoutils]”
If you see above error when you logon the NagiosXi Server, it may be a symptom of one or more crashed tables. The steps outlined below allow you to repair the MySQL database tables used by Nagios XI.
Repairing MySQL Tables
- First, login to your Nagios XI server as the root user via SSH.
- Run the Nagios XI database repair script with the following command:
This process may take several minutes to complete, depending on the size of your database
If above step unable to solve the problem, you may have to contact Nagios support team
When i try to run check _nrpe command from Nagios to perform a memory check the physical memory of the Windows Server 2012, i get the following error message:-
From the above error message it show that Nagios Server unable to get the results from the NSClient services. It is because NRPE module is not enable in the NSClient services. By default, NRPE module is not enable.
To enable the NRPE module, below are the steps:
1. navigate to the NSClient++ directory which should be in your C:\Program Files directory.
2. There is a file named NSC.ini in there. This is the main configuration file for NSClient. Open this in your favorite text editor.
3. Now in the [NRPE] section we need to enable the following:
4. Once done, save the NSC.ini files and restart NSClient++ services
5. Now you try the run the same command again and it should return the expected result.