I have a NagiosXI server which i already 2 year never login. Recently one of the System Admin leaving the company and i have to take over back the NagiosXI server management. But i already forgot what is nagiosadmin password.
Lucky NagiosXI come with a lot of useful scripts which located at /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/
Here i going to show your guys how i reset the nagiosadmin password using NagiosXI script.
To do that, you have to ssh in to NagiosXI server and execute following command to reset nagiosadmin password
If you wish to use any special characters in your password, you should escape them with “\”. For example, if you want to set your new password to be “p@ssw0rd#”, then you can run:
After reset, you should able to login to your NagiosXI with your new password.
Error “SQL: SQL Error [ndoutilsSQL: SQL Error [ndoutils]”
If you see above error when you logon the NagiosXi Server, it may be a symptom of one or more crashed tables. The steps outlined below allow you to repair the MySQL database tables used by Nagios XI.
Repairing MySQL Tables
- First, login to your Nagios XI server as the root user via SSH.
- Run the Nagios XI database repair script with the following command:
This process may take several minutes to complete, depending on the size of your database
If above step unable to solve the problem, you may have to contact Nagios support team
When i try to run check _nrpe command from Nagios to perform a memory check the physical memory of the Windows Server 2012, i get the following error message:-
From the above error message it show that Nagios Server unable to get the results from the NSClient services. It is because NRPE module is not enable in the NSClient services. By default, NRPE module is not enable.
To enable the NRPE module, below are the steps:
1. navigate to the NSClient++ directory which should be in your C:\Program Files directory.
2. There is a file named NSC.ini in there. This is the main configuration file for NSClient. Open this in your favorite text editor.
3. Now in the [NRPE] section we need to enable the following:
4. Once done, save the NSC.ini files and restart NSClient++ services
5. Now you try the run the same command again and it should return the expected result.