I believe everyone know that Fortigate Firewall can be reset to Factory Defaults by using Web GUI or CLI interface. In the event of you lost or you do not know the admin password for the fortigate unit, how to reset the Firewall unit? The only thing that you can do is to use maintainer account which have permission to do reset for super admin password or do firewall factory reset.
To do that, you will need:
- physical access the box
- Console cable
- Terminal software such as Putty.exe (Windows) or Terminal (MacOS)
- Serial number of the FortiGate device
– Connect your laptop or computer to the Firewall via the Console port
– Launch your terminal software
– Reboot or Power Cycle the Firewall
– Wait for the Firewall name and login prompt to appear.
– Enter the Username as maintainer, password as bcpb with Firewall Serial no in UPPERCASE
I always get the complain from my user said that they cannot open the e-mail attachment in winmail.dat files. When i see the attachment winmail.dat, i already that email message is in RTF format and send by Outlook mail client. But most of my user is Thunderbird user, for sure they cannot view that email attachment.
To solve the problem, i install a software called Winmail.dat Reader. This software allow you read, view, open, convert and save the files on winmail.dat email attachments.
Just Click HERE to download it. After download, just double click winmail-reader-setup.exe to install it. Continue reading
When you try to send and receive e-mail on Microsoft Outlook, you may receive following error message:
These error messages may occur if Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server. These error messages are frequently caused by one of the following: Continue reading