Avira just release Avira AntiVir, version 10. Avira AntiVir Personal is a free version of Avira anti-virus product which provides basic anti-virus and anti-spyware protection against dangerous viruses, worms, Trojans, malware, spyware and costly dialers.
I downloaded the Avira AntiVir Personal to run on my Windows 7 machine. i realize there is an annoying feature which will always pops up advertisement screen to persuade users to upgrade to paid premium edition of Avira product
This pop-up ads, of free edition of Avira Anti-Virus product displayed whenever auto-updater runs to update the anti-virus signature database.
This annoying feature can be disable, just follow the following step to disable it:
- Click Start ->Run-> Type secpol.msc, or alternatively, go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy.
- Click on Software Restriction Policy-> Right click on it and click on create new restriction policies
- Right Click on Additional Rules and select New Path Rule
- Enter the full path to avnotify.exe in the Path: text box or click on Browse button to locate the avnotify.exe exectable (C:\Program Files\(Avira)\AntiVir Desktop\ and double-click avnotify.exe)
- Set the Security level drop-down menu as Disallowed.
- Click OK and Apply the settings. The Avira Antivirus Notification is now disabled. You’ll never see that notifier again.
To try this Free Anti Virus, just click HERE to download Avira AntiVir Personal