My Dell 1510 Windows crashed. It failed to start Windows. So, i have to restore the Windows back to Factory setting.
Before you performing the PC Restore, back up all personal files. If you do not back up your personal files, the data will be lost. It is because, restoring the original factory image erases ALL existing data. This includes files, folders, programs, drivers, E-mails, photos.
To do the System restore, follow the following steps:
- Turn on the computer.
- During the boot process, a blue bar with www.dell.com appears at the top of the screen. Press and hold <Ctrl> and then press <F11>. Then, release both keys at the same time
- In the Dell PC Restore by Symantec window, click Restore.
- After that, you will receive a warning message mention about all you data will be lost. click Confirm, or press <Tab> to highlight Confirm and then press <Enter> to start the restoring.
- Once the retoring start, the Progress window will appear. lost, click Confirm, or press <Tab> to highlight Confirm and then press <Enter>.
- When the restore process is complete, the following message will appear:
The system recovery process was successful.
- click Finish to reboot the computer
- Now your computer software is install as it was when the computer was first received. You just following the on screen instruction to setup your computer.
- Done 🙂
Reminder: Please do not use your System Restore CD to restore the OS. It will erase the original factory image. You cannot restore from the original factory image anymore.
You try it 🙂