When i try to run check _nrpe command from Nagios to perform a memory check the physical memory of the Windows Server 2012, i get the following error message:-
From the above error message it show that Nagios Server unable to get the results from the NSClient services. It is because NRPE module is not enable in the NSClient services. By default, NRPE module is not enable.
To enable the NRPE module, below are the steps:
1. navigate to the NSClient++ directory which should be in your C:\Program Files directory.
2. There is a file named NSC.ini in there. This is the main configuration file for NSClient. Open this in your favorite text editor.
3. Now in the [NRPE] section we need to enable the following:
4. Once done, save the NSC.ini files and restart NSClient++ services
5. Now you try the run the same command again and it should return the expected result.